- Apprentice's wage
- increases as the apprentice becomes more valuable to you
- Jouneyperson's time to train
- decreases as the apprentice becomes more competent
- Time to administer the training plan and confirm training documents
- Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit (ATTC) - UNDER REVIEW
- A tax credit for corporations and/or unincorporated businesses that employ apprentices in certain skilled trades during the first 48 months of an apprenticeship program
- Eligible tax credit to a maximum of $5,000 per qualifying apprentice, per tax year to a maximum of $15,000 over the first 36 months
- Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)
- A non-refundable tax credit equal to 10% of the eligible salaries and wages payable to eligible Red Seal Trade apprentices employed after May 1, 2006, up to a maximum of $2,000 per year
- Employer (Apprenticeship) Signing Bonus
- a bonus for employers who register an apprentice as part of their participation in Employment Ontario Programs offered through local Employment Ontario Service Providers
- employers may be eligible for a $2,000 signing bonus payable in two payments as well as up to a $6,000 training incentive
- Co-operative Education Tax Credit (CETC)
- a refundable tax credit available to employers that hire students enrolled in recognized Ontario University or College Co-operative education programs.
- Businesses will be credited up to $3,000 for a minimum employment period of 10 weeks up to a maximum of four months
- Note: certain innovative apprenticeship work placements that we previously included in this credit are now claimed under the Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit. This tax credit is administered through the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of the Ontario through the federal income tax system.
- Employer Completion Bonus
- Employers are eligible for a $1000 bonus when an apprentice in their employ and registered under their sponsorship, has received their Certificate of Apprenticeship (CofA) and Certificate of Qualification (CofQ) where applicable.
There has been a number of changes to the Grants and Tax Credits. We are doing our best to stay current and accurate.